Why work for CrossPoint?
CrossPoint has a reputation for delivering independent consulting advice, high-quality technical services, and a great client experience. As a leading Managed Services Provider with extensive experience in consulting, solution design and managed services to the enterprise, education, government and the health sectors we offer a wide range of ICT products and services with a managed end-to-end solution for clients.
At CrossPoint we want to inspire companies to change how they get value from enterprise IT systems; we want them think about how IT impacts their business and how it is being delivered.
As part of our growth, CrossPoint are seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join our growing team. You can be part of this exciting team who is looking at the forefront of technologies and services and creating new ways of providing solutions. Excellent compensation, benefits, and quality of life!
Some of the benefits of working at CrossPoint include:
- Flexible work arrangements focused on work-life balance.
- Learning and development benefits.
- Employee awards and recognition program.
- Experienced and friendly team of dynamic professionals.
- Milestone service recognition
- Engagement in the wider business (sales, field engineers et al)
- Understand the contractual obligations of allocated clients by working with AM/SDM
- Proactively engage and support service desk and field engineers to ensure successful client outcomes.
- Ensure all incidents and work tasks are updated and maintained in a timely and informative manner to promote SLA compliance and knowledge transfer.
- Drive a culture of continual growth and improvement and provide a suitable level of mentoring to junior engineers.
- Provide senior technical services to our clients: L3 Service, Support, Escalations, Problem Management
- Where applicable being on-call to support the business during escalated calls outside of core hours / scheduled project work
- Maintain chargeability and earned revenue against allocated clients and project delivery.
- Own client health including site maintenance, and application of best practice
- Client Communication including leading technical service, planning, and outcomes (this will be coordinated through the Service Delivery Manager – SDM where one exists).
- Technical Account Management (TAM) responsibility where a specific TAM role is not allocated to that Client.
- Maintain a level of currency and proficiency in technology and certifications.
- Be a subject matter expert and technology expert.
- Maintain relevant training & certifications.
- Develop and apply best Practice Standards.
- Deliver Technology Plans and IT Assessments
- Deliver Technology Best Practice to clients
- Be responsible for client Health Checks
- Client documentation ownership
- Advanced Project Delivery / Outcomes for assigned projects
- Basic Project Management for smaller projects which do not have a PM/PC assigned
- Provide advice on Solution Architecture (Sales/Clients)
- Commercial Arrangements / Pricing – Assisting the Pre-sales function where relevant
- Proposal Writing – Assisting the Pre-sales function where relevant
- Technology / Business Reviews + Writing – Assisting the Pre-sales function where relevant
- Presentation Skills – Senior engineer will have confidence in presenting findings to people of all levels (internally/externally)
Service Delivery / Customer Service:
- Ensure that you communicate clearly and effectively with the client and other team members, to ensure consistency of expectations regarding delivery of Managed Services and Solutions.
- Assist in the new client onboarding process.
- Ensure that support escalations occur in a timely manner.
- Ensure detail of work performance is recorded in a timely manner to communicate to the wider team of activities undertaken.
- Work towards providing proactive fixes instead of workarounds or reactive support.
- Work towards standardising support to ensure currency between clients.
Continuous Improvement: Contribute to the development, implementation and periodic review and maintenance of Service Delivery policies, processes, systems and tools, in accordance with ITIL best practice principles and standards.
Project Delivery: Provide quality service to CrossPoint clients in the delivery of projects under the guidance of the Project Management Office and/or Project Manager, and the respective Account and Service Delivery Managers.
Mentoring: Provide mentoring support and guidance to Service Desk level engineers.
- Provide technical consulting services to CrossPoint’s clients as part of acting as the client internal IT Leadership position for all vendor engagements requiring IT involvement.
- Provide technical consulting services to CrossPoint clients as part of project delivery or specific consulting engagement.
- Provide technical consulting services to Account Managers in the development of proposals to CrossPoint clients.
- Minimum 5 years plus as a senior engineer
- Solid experience as a Senior Engineer in the mid-market or enterprise highly regarded
- Experience working with a Systems Integrator or Managed Services Provider or equivalent.
Skills Desired (can vary based on Senior Engineering role requirements (Systems/UC/Network)
- Strong knowledge and experience of Unified Communications (Cisco, Asterix/Open Source/MS Teams Voice/ SIP / SBC / Video Conferencing)
- Strong knowledge and experience across network design and implementation including switching, VLAN, and WAN solutions (experience across Cisco, HP, or Dell network equipment is essential). Strong knowledge and experience in SD-WAN highly desirable.
- Experience across mid-market and enterprise wireless network solutions (Datto, HP, Cisco)
- Strong knowledge and experience across Microsoft Technologies (Windows Server/AD/DFS/DHCP/DNS/Scripting as well as applications such as MS Teams)
- Strong knowledge and experience across server virtualisation
- Strong knowledge and experience across storage solutions and storage area networks. (EMC highly regarded. Dell, HP, NetApp, IBM, Nimble well regarded).
- Strong knowledge and experience across Cloud Solutions (Office365, Backup as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, DR as a Service).
- Extensive experience in the implementation and L3 support of Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise) and Exchange Online.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Backup and DR solutions including Veeam, ShadowProtect, Symantec Backup Exec, etc).
- Experience in the design and implementation of Security and Anti-Virus solutions (various firewalls, Symantec Endpoint, Symantec Cloud, McAfee, Trend, etc).
- Strong technical skills in key areas required by CrossPoint.
- Specifically Systems, Cloud, Network, Unified Communications and Security
- Takes ownership for delivery of required outcomes
- Client focused and has a commitment to quality service and delivery
- Strong customer service delivery skills and a good understanding of client care
- Ability to liaise effectively with client representatives at all levels.
- Has a flexible, hands-on approach to work with the desire to achieve and ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Personable, Team Focused. Contributes to the greater good of the team.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team to ensure required outcomes are achieved.
- Strong interpersonal and relation building skills
- Polite, friendly and diplomatic manner
- Ability to prioritise and successfully manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Analytical and systematic problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi task
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to analyse client business requirements and translate them into information technology services and solutions requirements
- Ability to tune best practice approaches to accommodate CrossPoint client specific factors and still achieve quality delivery outcomes.
- Ability to absorb and apply technical knowledge and information
- Ability to cope well in a high pressured environment, while remaining calm and adopting a considered, structured approach to dealings with issues.
- Ability to consistently adhere to formal processes, but being adaptable to deliver outcomes where no processes exist or are incomplete
- Ability to apply ITIL principles to the delivery of CrossPoint IT managed services and solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of ITIL principles / ITIL Training/Certification in Service Delivery and IT frameworks, ITIL, ITSM, ISO9001, ISO27001 or relevant experience
- Applicable Vendor/Industry certifications:
- Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE).
- Cisco certifications or equivalent (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE).
- Storage certifications from the following vendors (EMC, Dell, HP, NetApp or IBM).
- VMware VCP5/6/VCAP
- Project Management training (Prince 2 / PMBOK)
- ITIL v3/4
- Respect & Empower – We take time to understand our clients, colleagues, partners and stakeholders, their needs, and dreams and why they are here? We are humble and invest in each other to unleash people’s potential.
- Don’t Be Dodgy – We are honest and have integrity in everything we do. We do what we say and say what we do.
- Can Do Attitude – We take responsibility for outcomes with pride and thoroughness. We go above and beyond to get the job done. We put ourselves in the shoes of the client.
- Keep Learning– We develop, nurture, and grow ourselves our people, our clients, and our company. We think outside the square, try new solutions, but don’t wing it.
- One Team – We value unity and teamwork. We will support each other as one.
We are in partnership with our clients and work as one team.