Why work for CrossPoint?
CrossPoint has a reputation for delivering independent consulting advice, high-quality technical services, and a great client experience. As a leading Managed Services Provider with extensive experience in consulting, solution design and managed services to the enterprise, education, government and the health sectors we offer a wide range of ICT products and services with a managed end-to-end solution for clients.
At CrossPoint we want to inspire companies to change how they get value from enterprise IT systems; we want them think about how IT impacts their business and how it is being delivered.
As part of our growth, CrossPoint are seeking an experienced Service Desk Engineer to join our growing service delivery team. As part of the Service Delivery team, we deliver quality information technology managed services and solutions to clients in accordance with the client service agreements.
You can be part of this exciting team who is looking at the forefront of technologies and services and creating new ways of providing solutions. Excellent compensation, benefits, and quality of life!
Some of the benefits of working at CrossPoint include:
- Flexible work arrangements focused on work-life balance.
- Learning and development benefits.
- Social responsibility benefits (like blood donation = 1 day leave).
- Employee awards and recognition program.
- Experienced and friendly team of dynamic professionals.
- Milestone service recognition
Service Desk Operation
- Provide Service Desk Level 1/Level 2 engineering services to CrossPoint clients in accordance with the ITIL standards operating in the CrossPoint Service Desk Operation
- Ensure quality actioning of service requests and workflow management e.g. ticket – creation/triage/classification/prioritation/assignment/actioning/resolution/closure
- Complete duties as per scheduled coverage, including unassigned queue, service desk mailbox, daily alerts, backups.
- Action Service Desk Daily Checklist items
- Respond in a proactive manner to event management alerts
- Work with the Service Delivery Team Lead (SDTL) to determine when to escalate unresolved incidents to Level 2/3 engineers.
- Build effective working relationships with CrossPoint clients to strengthen their faith in the quality of engineering services delivered by CrossPoint.
Service Delivery / Customer Service
- Provide optimal customer service value to CrossPoint clients in the effective and efficient delivery of CrossPoint IT managed services solutions, in accordance with their respective CrossPoint client service agreement, balanced against commercial consideration, as guided by Account Managers and the Service Operations Manager.
- Ensure that you communicate clearly and effectively with the client and other CrossPoint team members, so that everyone has the same expectations regarding delivery of CrossPoint managed services and solutions to each client.
- Assist in the new client onboarding process.
- Ensure that support escalations occur in a timely manner.
- Work towards providing proactive fixes instead of workarounds or reactive support.
- Work towards standardising support to ensure currency between clients.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and periodic review and maintenance of CrossPoint Service Delivery policies, processes, systems and tools in accordance with ITIL best practice principles and standards
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Project (CIP) teams.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstration of competent technical skills in key areas required. For example, Microsoft Windows Server technologies, Microsoft Email technologies, Microsoft Network technologies, Apple technologies, Infrastructure technologies, Virtualization technologies, Backup and DR technologies, Networking technologies, Storage technologies, Security technologies, Anti-virus technologies, Citrix technologies.
- Takes ownership for delivery of required outcomes
- Client focused and has a commitment to quality service and delivery
- Strong customer service delivery skills and a good understanding of client care
- Ability to liaise effectively with client representatives at all levels.
- Has a flexible, hands-on approach to work with the desire to achieve and ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Personable, Team Focused. Contributes to the greater good of the team.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team to ensure required outcomes are achieved.
- Strong interpersonal and relation building skills
- Polite, friendly and diplomatic manner
- Ability to prioritise and successfully manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Analytical and systematic problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi task
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to analyse client business requirements and translate them into information technology services and solutions requirements
- Ability to tune best practice approaches to accommodate CrossPoint client specific factors and still achieve quality delivery outcomes.
- Ability to absorb and apply technical knowledge and information
- Ability to cope well in a high pressured environment, while remaining calm and adopting a considered, structured approach to dealings with issues.
- Ability to consistently adhere to formal processes, but being adaptable to deliver outcomes where no processes exist or are incomplete
- Ability to apply ITIL principles to the delivery of CrossPoint IT managed services and solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
Service Desk – Essential Experience
- Ability to manage and support Microsoft Server environments including Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Strong troubleshooting skills across user and application support.
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft network technologies including DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, etc.
- Ability to support and maintain backup, virus protection, internet and remote access solutions
- Industry certifications including MCSA with progress towards MCSE.
- Any experience with Citrix / Terminal Services, Virtual Server Platforms, Mac OS X or Firewalls is highly desirable.
Other Experience well regarded:
- Microsoft Applications – SharePoint, SQL, CRM.
- Mac OS X and other Apple technologies.
- Lotus Notes / Citrix / VDI.
- System hardware builds/racking and cabling
Qualifications/Education/Certifications well regarded:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Exposure to and awareness of ITIL principles in relation to Service Delivery and IT frameworks, ITIL, ITSM, ISO9001, ISO27001 or relevant experience
- VMware VCA.
- Microsoft certifications (MTA, MCSA).
- Any Cisco certifications or equivalent (CCENT, CCT).
- Respect & Empower – We take time to understand our clients, colleagues, partners and stakeholders, their needs, and dreams and why they are here? We are humble and invest in each other to unleash people’s potential.
- Don’t Be Dodgy – We are honest and have integrity in everything we do. We do what we say and say what we do.
- Can Do Attitude – We take responsibility for outcomes with pride and thoroughness. We go above and beyond to get the job done. We put ourselves in the shoes of the client.
- Keep Learning– We develop, nurture, and grow ourselves our people, our clients, and our company. We think outside the square, try new solutions, but don’t wing it.
- One Team – We value unity and teamwork. We will support each other as one.
We are in partnership with our clients and work as one team.